Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with and lead design efforts on different project types.
- Conceptualize and present design ideas through 3D visualization and hand sketching.
- Develop space plans and programming documentation.
- Source, select and budget finish materials and furniture.
- Assist with and lead preparation of design and construction documents and generate detailed solutions to interior architectural problems.
- Interface with owners, contractors, and consultants.
- Organize and prioritize own work efforts as well as assist with organizing team members, tasks, and meetings.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFI’s.
- Contribute to team effort through the spirit of collaboration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interior architecture or interior design.
- NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer and/or Interior Architect License.
- 8+ years’ experience in a professional architectural practice.
- Ability to communicate design intent through digital and traditional graphic methods.
- Proficiency in Revit, 3D Studio, SketchUp, InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with finish materials, specifications, furniture and interior details.
- Knowledge of building codes and building systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while performing on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Healthcare and Educational Design experience (K-12 and higher education).
- Experience in selection and specification of furniture and furniture systems.
- LEED Certification and other professional affiliations, such as IIDA.
Salary + Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Soderstrom offers a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, basic and voluntary life, 401k. etc.), paid holidays, sick, and vacation time.
Please send an email with cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio materials (under 6MB) and/or link to materials to email@example.com. No telephone calls or recruiters please.